Welcome to Travelers' Stories About Turkey

Welcome to Travelers' Stories About Turkey, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Travelers' Stories About Turkey by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Create an Album and share your pictures
Please take a minute and register :)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Shopping Journey in Turkey

2 replies to this topic

#1 truthonlytruth

truthonlytruth

• ΦMembers
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 August 2003 - 10:58

Posted Image People don't travel to Turkey to shop in western department stores, although very good examples of these do exist. The real excitement of Turkish shopping is the experience of getting lost in historic bazaars which date back five hundred years; of bargaining with shop-keepers whose great-great-grand fathers kept the same trade and sold the same wares; to be surrounded by the hustle and bustle and shouts and cries of the hawkers, merchants and travelling salesmen who seem to occupy every street corner. Once you have experienced bargaining with a Turkish stall keeper, shopping back at home will never be quite the same again!

Posted Image TruThonlyTruTh

#2 HeadlineActually

HeadlineActually

• ΦMembers
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:15

I agree with this, and bargaining is as always super important! Loved shopping in Turkey.

#3 Grouppydiop

Grouppydiop

NewB

• ΦNew Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:47

I love to shop in Istanbul... one day I would love to do that... :)

Reply to this topic