Welcome to Travelers' Stories About Turkey

Welcome to Travelers' Stories About Turkey, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Travelers' Stories About Turkey by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
  • Create an Album and share your pictures
Please take a minute and register :)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MT. ARARAT

1 reply to this topic

#1 ArdashesDConqueror

ArdashesDConqueror

NewB

• ΦNew Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 11:12

YES ... I WOULD LIKE TO START A NICE TOPIC ABOUT SACRED SITES...LETS START WITH MT. ARARAT, DERIVED FROM THE WORD " URARTU", ONE OF THE SEVERAL TRIBES, INCLUDING HAYASA-AZI AND ARME-SHUPRIA, COUPLE THOUSAND YEARS B4 CHRIST ..TOGETHER COMBINING THE ARMENIANS...ARARAT IS OURS...TSAVE TANEM MER HAYERI..YERPEK CHENK MORRNA MER MAYR YERGIREH...ONE WAY OR ANOTHER..WE GONA GET IT BACK....ARARAT IS OURS! SINCERELY YOURS MY DEAR TURKISH "FRIENDS"..UNIQE- AKA. ARDASHES

#2 Celestemmcknight

Celestemmcknight

NewB

• ΦNew Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:13

I can understand why some/many Armenians are dispointed at Ararat...but for the most part I think this dispointment is misplaced. It really is a brilliant movie that suceeds on very many levels - but of course it requries a viewer who is able to understand these - and it is very demanding in that regard. yes - much of the situations seem contrived, some aspects of the film within a film and such seem cheap intentionally, and its focus is not so much on the terrible Turks though good enough I think.. but over how folks cope with the unthinkable and with that which is repellent to them. This is a major issue for us and this film has been made for us. others can take the film on other levels - and these are worthwhile as well - but I think the film has some very deep important messages for Armenians - and for Turks...

Anyone know when the DVD will be available in the States? and I hope they make it unzoned so that i can distribute a few to some folks outside the US....

Reply to this topic